After install and setup. To stop the local gui and save a little bit of resources try.
systemctl disable zentyal.lxdm.service
systemctl stop zentyal.lxdm.service
My evil list of how to win!
- No authentication required internally to read-only see the status and flow of a product - linkable steps any boss, support or manager can follow
- Defined roles for gating products. Not named persons for gating.
- Full or part time documentation curator. Great entry level position for person separate from the development or operations process.
- Style Guides, Unit Testing, and Coverage reporting. Don't test everything, just most things!
- Topic centric meetings with recorder (maybe the documentation curator)
- Encourage failure disclosure, discourage boasting.
- In project/agile user stories/etc use standard verb namespacing. Overly vague incomplete example:
- Design widget requirements
- Review widget requirements
- Design widget solutions
- Select widget solution
- Define widget interfaces
- Develop widget component A-Z
- Validate widget meeting requirements
- Define QA process
- Define Release process
- Release to QA
- Document the product. Linking to the product source code is not a horrible idea to start documentation.
- Iterate - work on bite sized items and keep moving forward while validating against the requirements at every step.
- Validation is a process to mitigate project drift and accidentally report success. Do not reverse this idea.
- Make it known that the functional deliverable is the product, reports that everything is awesome are not the product.
- Management and or micromanagement is a distraction. Create clear communication that asymmetrical information is not useful for success.
- Do not allow tools to decide workflow.
- Tools can be replaces but workflow is hard to develop. Value the agreed workflow more than a tool
- Morning pleasantries - Discuss life, food, sports, whatever prior to any issue, get a feeling for the day.
- Call it morning pleasantries, really do...
- A person's relative could have passed away over the night, never assume, be human
- Standups have little value when roles are clear. Dispersed teams are impacted by standups
- Decide if the roles are accurate and projects/jobs are defined.
TL;DR; Enable https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_development_life_cycle for humans.
Developers on various platforms can often unknowingly introduce encoding issues on files. Here is a solution to one problem.
Simple one liner to remove all ^M line returns from files in a directory. I use this on an Open Source project I work on mainly for PHP files. Type "CTRL v" then "CTRL m" to get the system ^M char. The character will not copy and paste. The filter for SVN is optional and insert CVS or git for your SCM of choice.
grep -IUrl "^M" * | grep -v svn | xargs sed -i 's/^M$//'
Easy! Search the directory recursively. Filter out the SVN files. Run SED against the files in the list.
Converting a chest freezer to a refrigerator and why you should do it to.
Low quality five minute write up.
Cold air falls and hot air rises. Unless your upright refidgerator is packed 100% full you cool air is falling out every time you open it. In a video by Mikey Sklar ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISJLyHK457I ) some metrics like 2000watts vs 100watts for a upright refridgerator vs a chest freezer is crazy but close to the truth. A run of the mill chest freezer can be controlled by a temperature controller to turn the freezer on and off to maintain a temperature you desire.